Q: I am at risk of becoming homeless. Am I entitled to apply for Homeless HAP and how does it work?
A: Please visit http://hap.ie/homeless-hap/
Q: How do I apply for social housing in Dublin
A: There are four local authorities in Dublin. They are :
- Fingal County Council – https://www.fingal.ie/housing-faqs
- Dublin County Council – http://www.dublincity.ie/housing-and-community
- South Dublin County Council – https://www.sdcc.ie/en/atoz/?index=H
- Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown County Council – https://www.dlrcoco.ie/en/housing/apply-home
The above web pages bring you to the housing section on each of their websites.
Q: How can I access Anew’s temporary accommodation?
A: The criteria for accessing Anew’s temporary accommodation is :
You must be :
- Over 12 weeks pregnant.
- Over 18
- Currently homeless or at risk of becoming homeless in the Dublin area
- Have a a current housing application with one of the four local authorities in
- Dublin (Fingal, DCC, South Dublin, or Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown).
Please contact our housing case worker Emer Slocket on 086 4110158 for more information and
support with this.
Q: I am not eligible for social housing, and I am pregnant and homeless; what do I do?
A: Some useful websites for support are :
Treoir – https://www.treoir.ie
Onefamily – https://onefamily.ie
Tusla – https://www.tusla.ie
Crosscare Migrant Rights – https://www.migrantproject.ie