Q: I am at risk of becoming homeless. Am I entitled to apply for Homeless HAP and how does it work?

A: Please visit http://hap.ie/homeless-hap/

Q: How do I apply for social housing in Dublin

A: There are four local authorities in Dublin. They are :

  • Fingal County Council – https://www.fingal.ie/housing-faqs
  • Dublin County Council – http://www.dublincity.ie/housing-and-community
  • South Dublin County Council – https://www.sdcc.ie/en/atoz/?index=H
  • Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown County Council – https://www.dlrcoco.ie/en/housing/apply-home

The above web pages bring you to the housing section on each of their websites.

Q: How can I access Anew’s temporary accommodation?

A: The criteria for accessing Anew’s temporary accommodation is :

You must be :

  • Over 12 weeks pregnant.
  • Over 18
  • Currently homeless or at risk of becoming homeless in the Dublin area
  • Have a a current housing application with one of the four local authorities in
  • Dublin (Fingal, DCC, South Dublin, or Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown).

Please contact our housing case worker Emer Slocket on 086 4110158 for more information and
support with this.

Q: I am not eligible for social housing, and I am pregnant and homeless; what do I do?

A: Some useful websites for support are :

Treoir – https://www.treoir.ie
Onefamily – https://onefamily.ie
Tusla – https://www.tusla.ie
Crosscare Migrant Rights – https://www.migrantproject.ie