Whether you are parenting alone, with a partner, or have the support of family members, we understand that being a parent can be challenging and you may find it difficult to cope.
Are you finding life with your baby or toddler extremely hard and find yourself needing some extra support? Are you a new single mother trying to juggle work and childcare? Would you like to return to education?
With our support, your experience of parenting can be rewarding and satisfying.
Our Parenting Programmes
At Anew, we have a range of programmes to support you as a parent. We understand that parenting can be difficult so we are here to support you and your children in any way that we can.
Our parenting programmes include:
- Intensive one-to-one therapeutic parenting support
- Parenting workshops using evidence-based research
- Bespoke parenting support for families with specific needs, such as members of the travelling community
- Skills based training programmes and outreach parenting support
In line with Tusla’s Supporting Parents: A National Model of Parenting Support, staff work closely with parents to build on existing strengths and support positive parenting. “Our approach is an evidence-informed style of work that recognises the importance of relationships in delivering support services to families. In line with Tusla’s “National Guidance and Local Implementation, Investing in Families; Supporting Parents to improve Outcomes for Children (2013)”7.
- Raising awareness of the importance of the parent/child relationship and the parent as the expert in their child’s care.
- Developing a respectful, non-judgemental working relationship between women and staff.
- Working with women on their perceived needs.
- Collaborating with women throughout the support process by using the Outcome Star Assessment tool.”